Sunday, December 27, 2009

nostalgia...

My newspaper dress on the runway...

Once upon a time (read, a few years ago) I decided that I could do a dressmaking class by night in my final year of college. The dressmaking class in effect, was a skirt making class, as this is the easiest of the garments, it turns out. We spent a lot of time learning pattern making and not so much time actually sewing up finished garments. Twas just after finishing this class that I decided I could cut out pattern pieces in newspaper and sew them up to make a cheap costume for a fancy dress party. I later added a top to it and put it in a fashion show held during Trinity Arts Week which featured a section for outfits made from recycled oddments by Trinity students. I had all but forgotten about this until the evening of Christmas Day when my cousin was telling me about her recent plastic bag creations, and her intention to make her next costume out of newspapers. From this, rang some bells, and the bells led to a quick bebo search for photos taken by my friend Maeve all those years ago (read, 3 or 4?) before I myself became a camera owner. Here they are swiped from Bebo to entertain your curiosity and fulfill my desire to post more frequently!


My newspaper dress leaving the runway...

No comments:

Post a Comment